Join Joseph Lowery for an in-depth discussion in this video Establishing editable Dreamweaver pages, part of Getting Started with Dreamweaver CS5 and Business Catalyst.
So far, we've looked at how standard Dreamweaver templates fit in the…Business Catalyst universe,…but Dreamweaver also offers another type of template: one that clients can edit…themselves right in the browser.…I am happy to report that Business Catalyst also supports InContext Editing…templates, like Dreamweaver.…We are going to continue with the Business Catalyst site we created in…the previous chapter.…Let me show you how it works, by opening up the ContactUs page.…From the Files panel, I'll double- click it to open it up. And you will…notice that on this page we have little bit of introductory text, followed by a fairly long form.…
Now typically, when you set something like this up for your client, you are not…going to want the client to go in and modify the form itself, but you may want…to let them change the introductory paragraph.…So let's go in, and we will select that paragraph tag down in the tag…selector, and now I am going to go over to my Insert panel and open that up…and then change the category to InContext Editing, where you see we have two options:…
Prerequisite: Dreamweaver CS5 Essential Training.
- Exploring the capabilities of Business Catalyst
- Modifying Business Catalyst modules and templates in Dreamweaver
- Extending to clients the ability to modify their web pages in the browser
- Managing downloadable documents with the Literature module
- Utilizing Business Catalyst's customer and content management features
- Creating email marketing campaigns
- Building a store catalog
- Setting up a payment gateway
- Customizing the checkout experience
Skill Level Intermediate
Dreamweaver CS5 Essential Trainingwith James Williamson15h 22m Beginner
Dreamweaver CS5 New Featureswith James Williamson1h 33m Intermediate
1. Introducing Business Catalyst
2. Integrating Business Catalyst with Dreamweaver
3. Using InContext Editing
4. Advanced Business Catalyst Features
5. Building an Online Store with Business Catalyst
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.