Join Joseph Lowery for an in-depth discussion in this video Enabling InContext Editing for clients, part of Getting Started with Dreamweaver CS5 and Business Catalyst.
- View Offline
- Exercise Files
Now that we have set up the Contact Us page for client modification with…InContext Editing in the previous video, let's make sure the client has the…proper permissions to do so.…From the Business Catalyst page, I will log in, choose the web site I want to…administer--which is Nice Joes, and then once the main page opens up, I want to…go to the Admin link and choose Manage Users.…By default, there is only one user that's initially added to each site, and…that's the administrator.…
We are going to go ahead and add a new user who'll be the client.…So I will go down to the Action Box and click on Create a new User, and let's…give this e-mail address for my new user.…Enter in the client's first and last name. No need for a cell number, but we do…need to select whether the user you're setting up is the business owner or…another web designer/professional.…In this case, it is the business owner.…Let's scroll down just a bit, so you can see the other options.…
So we do want to allow them access to the administration. That will allow them to…
Prerequisite: Dreamweaver CS5 Essential Training.
- Exploring the capabilities of Business Catalyst
- Modifying Business Catalyst modules and templates in Dreamweaver
- Extending to clients the ability to modify their web pages in the browser
- Managing downloadable documents with the Literature module
- Utilizing Business Catalyst's customer and content management features
- Creating email marketing campaigns
- Building a store catalog
- Setting up a payment gateway
- Customizing the checkout experience
Skill Level Intermediate
Dreamweaver CS5 Essential Trainingwith James Williamson15h 22m Beginner
Dreamweaver CS5 New Featureswith James Williamson1h 33m Intermediate
1. Introducing Business Catalyst
2. Integrating Business Catalyst with Dreamweaver
3. Using InContext Editing
4. Advanced Business Catalyst Features
5. Building an Online Store with Business Catalyst
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.