Join Joseph Lowery for an in-depth discussion in this video Defining a default template, part of Getting Started with Dreamweaver CS5 and Business Catalyst.
In Business Catalyst, the default template is the one that's used to create most…of the pages in the site.…In this video, I'll show you how to define any template of your choosing as the default one.…Whenever you or your client create a new page through the Business Catalyst…interface, the default template is defined in the administrative site of the BC Partner Portal.…So let's go there, and let me show you where that's located.…First, we will go to the BC homepage, and then I'll click Login and enter my…e-mail address and password. Click Login.…
Now BC wants to know which web site I'd like to administer.…I am going to go in and administer Nice Joes.…Here in the administrative console, you'll see that there is a menu item called Admin.…You will see a number of options, including Manage Site-Wide Templates,…so we will choose Manage Site-Wide Templates. And then we see a list of all the…available templates, the same that we saw in Dreamweaver:…Main Template, Printer View Template, and Sub Template.…
Prerequisite: Dreamweaver CS5 Essential Training.
- Exploring the capabilities of Business Catalyst
- Modifying Business Catalyst modules and templates in Dreamweaver
- Extending to clients the ability to modify their web pages in the browser
- Managing downloadable documents with the Literature module
- Utilizing Business Catalyst's customer and content management features
- Creating email marketing campaigns
- Building a store catalog
- Setting up a payment gateway
- Customizing the checkout experience
Skill Level Intermediate
Dreamweaver CS5 Essential Trainingwith James Williamson15h 22m Beginner
Dreamweaver CS5 New Featureswith James Williamson1h 33m Intermediate
1. Introducing Business Catalyst
2. Integrating Business Catalyst with Dreamweaver
3. Using InContext Editing
4. Advanced Business Catalyst Features
5. Building an Online Store with Business Catalyst
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.