Join Joseph Lowery for an in-depth discussion in this video Defining the checkout experience, part of Getting Started with Dreamweaver CS5 and Business Catalyst.
Business Catalyst does a good job of presenting a solid checkout experience, but…every client is different.…You'll want to customize the look and feel of the process as needed.…Let's take a look at how it's done.…In the previous video, we set up our catalog pages and did a little customization…on the thumbnail page as you see here.…We also added an item to the cart.…Now, if I go up and click on View Cart, you'll see the default shopping cart page.…While this is very easy to read, there are some items that we don't need at this point.…There is a line for discounts and gift vouchers, that aren't set up yet, and…there is also a Get a Quote feature that is really not applicable to this site.…
So let's go back into Dreamweaver, and I'll show you how to modify the Cart page.…So back in Dreamweaver, again, I'm going to expand the Files panel. And the page…that you want to look for in order to modify the shopping cart is called…shopping_cart-US.html.…There are different shopping carts for each country.…
Prerequisite: Dreamweaver CS5 Essential Training.
- Exploring the capabilities of Business Catalyst
- Modifying Business Catalyst modules and templates in Dreamweaver
- Extending to clients the ability to modify their web pages in the browser
- Managing downloadable documents with the Literature module
- Utilizing Business Catalyst's customer and content management features
- Creating email marketing campaigns
- Building a store catalog
- Setting up a payment gateway
- Customizing the checkout experience
Skill Level Intermediate
Dreamweaver CS5 Essential Trainingwith James Williamson15h 22m Beginner
Dreamweaver CS5 New Featureswith James Williamson1h 33m Intermediate
1. Introducing Business Catalyst
2. Integrating Business Catalyst with Dreamweaver
3. Using InContext Editing
4. Advanced Business Catalyst Features
5. Building an Online Store with Business Catalyst
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.