Join Joseph Lowery for an in-depth discussion in this video Creating announcements, part of Getting Started with Dreamweaver CS5 and Business Catalyst.
How do you keep your site visitors up on current events?…The modern web has a number of options, including Twitter and blogs.…Another possibility is to put out an announcement, which may be a press release…or a more general notification.…Business Catalyst's Announcement module lets you categorize your announcement,…syndicate them via RSS feeds, or restrict their viewing to authorized personnel.…Let's take a look at how announcements work.…Again, we'll start out in the Business Catalyst Admin page. Here I will…choose Modules and then go to Announcements and Create a new Announcement.…
A little scroll down, and I notice that one of the first options that I have is…the ability to enter in my own SEO-friendly URL, and you can do this for…every announcement.…In this case, I am just going to leave as it is and put in my Announcement…Subject, which is "New Brochure Released." So I'll press Tab.…Now the first date you see here is the Event Date From.…If your announcement involves an event that has a starting and an ending date,…
Prerequisite: Dreamweaver CS5 Essential Training.
- Exploring the capabilities of Business Catalyst
- Modifying Business Catalyst modules and templates in Dreamweaver
- Extending to clients the ability to modify their web pages in the browser
- Managing downloadable documents with the Literature module
- Utilizing Business Catalyst's customer and content management features
- Creating email marketing campaigns
- Building a store catalog
- Setting up a payment gateway
- Customizing the checkout experience
Skill Level Intermediate
Dreamweaver CS5 Essential Trainingwith James Williamson15h 22m Beginner
Dreamweaver CS5 New Featureswith James Williamson1h 33m Intermediate
1. Introducing Business Catalyst
2. Integrating Business Catalyst with Dreamweaver
3. Using InContext Editing
4. Advanced Business Catalyst Features
5. Building an Online Store with Business Catalyst
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.