Join Joseph Lowery for an in-depth discussion in this video Creating Business Catalyst templates, part of Getting Started with Dreamweaver CS5 and Business Catalyst.
Here's the best news ever: Business Catalyst uses pretty much the same…format for their templates as Dreamweaver does, and in a very real sense, does it even better.…This means that not only can you take Business Catalyst-created templates and…modify them easily in Dreamweaver, you can also create templates in Dreamweaver…and they will work flawlessly in Business Catalyst.…What's more, templates in Business Catalyst can update all of the pages in…your site even faster.…Business Catalyst creates a number of Dreamweaver-style templates when you…create a site using their designs.…So let me open up the Templates folder here in the Files panel, and you'll…notice that there are three templates:…there is Main Template, which controls the homepage; Printer View Template,…which obviously controls the printer view; and Sub Template, which controls all…the interior pages.…
Let's take a look now at modifying Main Template.…Just double-click to open that, and now let's go over and I'll modify and add a…tag line here next to Nice Joes, do a Shift+Return in order to put in line break…
Prerequisite: Dreamweaver CS5 Essential Training.
- Exploring the capabilities of Business Catalyst
- Modifying Business Catalyst modules and templates in Dreamweaver
- Extending to clients the ability to modify their web pages in the browser
- Managing downloadable documents with the Literature module
- Utilizing Business Catalyst's customer and content management features
- Creating email marketing campaigns
- Building a store catalog
- Setting up a payment gateway
- Customizing the checkout experience
Skill Level Intermediate
Dreamweaver CS5 Essential Trainingwith James Williamson15h 22m Beginner
Dreamweaver CS5 New Featureswith James Williamson1h 33m Intermediate
1. Introducing Business Catalyst
2. Integrating Business Catalyst with Dreamweaver
3. Using InContext Editing
4. Advanced Business Catalyst Features
5. Building an Online Store with Business Catalyst
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.