Join Joseph Lowery for an in-depth discussion in this video Building a web form, part of Getting Started with Dreamweaver CS5 and Business Catalyst.
Forms are a great way to establish contact with your site visitor,…whether they're looking for more details about something on your site or offering feedback.…While they are pretty easy to set up in HTML, hooking them up so you can…actually use the information is often challenging.…Business Catalyst handles both the form front-end and back-end easily.…What's more, all the information submitted via a Business Catalyst form is…automatically brought into the customer database as potential leads.…So first, we need to customize a form, and we'll do that in the Modules.…I'm logged into Business Catalyst in my administrative portal and I go to…Modules, and then I can go all the way down to Web Forms, and even choose…Create a new web form.…
Once that page opens, I am going to go ahead and give the web form a name, and…I'll call this Contact Us. Then choose Next.…Let me scroll down just a little bit, so you can see the elements that we have here.…So there are a wide range of form elements available to you, as you can see.…
Prerequisite: Dreamweaver CS5 Essential Training.
- Exploring the capabilities of Business Catalyst
- Modifying Business Catalyst modules and templates in Dreamweaver
- Extending to clients the ability to modify their web pages in the browser
- Managing downloadable documents with the Literature module
- Utilizing Business Catalyst's customer and content management features
- Creating email marketing campaigns
- Building a store catalog
- Setting up a payment gateway
- Customizing the checkout experience
Skill Level Intermediate
Dreamweaver CS5 Essential Trainingwith James Williamson15h 22m Beginner
Dreamweaver CS5 New Featureswith James Williamson1h 33m Intermediate
1. Introducing Business Catalyst
2. Integrating Business Catalyst with Dreamweaver
3. Using InContext Editing
4. Advanced Business Catalyst Features
5. Building an Online Store with Business Catalyst
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.