Join Joseph Lowery for an in-depth discussion in this video Basic file management, part of Getting Started with Dreamweaver CS5 and Business Catalyst.
The integration between Business Catalyst and Dreamweaver is pretty much…seamless, especially for ordinary, basic file management.…Let's take a test drive, and I'll show you what I mean.…You can create files the same way you always did:…whether you choose a File > New, or--my favorite way--going to the Files panel…and right-clicking or Ctrl+Clicking and then choosing New File.…I'll just make this a test page and open it up. "Hello Test Page."…I'll hit Command+1 to make this first line a heading 1, save the file, and then…let's put it online.…
There is no need to put any dependent files,…so I'll hit Return to accept No. And now let's go online and take a look at a file.…So I'll switch back to my browser, and here you see the…nicejoes.businesscatalyst.com site.…Let me test .html page, and there's Hello Test Page.…So you can see that we are already connected to the Nice Joes site.…Back in Dreamweaver, if I open up of the site definition dialog box, by…double-clicking on the Files panel list here and then go to Servers, you can…
Prerequisite: Dreamweaver CS5 Essential Training.
- Exploring the capabilities of Business Catalyst
- Modifying Business Catalyst modules and templates in Dreamweaver
- Extending to clients the ability to modify their web pages in the browser
- Managing downloadable documents with the Literature module
- Utilizing Business Catalyst's customer and content management features
- Creating email marketing campaigns
- Building a store catalog
- Setting up a payment gateway
- Customizing the checkout experience
Skill Level Intermediate
Dreamweaver CS5 Essential Trainingwith James Williamson15h 22m Beginner
Dreamweaver CS5 New Featureswith James Williamson1h 33m Intermediate
1. Introducing Business Catalyst
2. Integrating Business Catalyst with Dreamweaver
3. Using InContext Editing
4. Advanced Business Catalyst Features
5. Building an Online Store with Business Catalyst
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.