Join Joseph Lowery for an in-depth discussion in this video Adobe and Business Catalyst integration, part of Getting Started with Dreamweaver CS5 and Business Catalyst.
Realizing that Business Catalyst was a good fit for their customers, Adobe…acquired the Australian-based business in 2009, and has begun to weave it…across their product line.…An extension for Dreamweaver, initially called Triangle, had already been…developed by Business Catalyst and was freely available.…Some of the documentation on the BC site still references Triangle.…The Dreamweaver and Business Catalyst teams enhanced the extension to include…greater functionality and strengthened the link between the software and the…service, starting with Dreamweaver CS4. The new extension replaces Triangle.…
Dreamweaver CS5 took the next step and included it a Business Catalyst panel in…the default configurations.…To keep the system flexible, you still need to download and install the…extension, but the integration is strong.…At the same time, Business Catalyst took the InContext Editing service from…Adobe and made it available from their service.…With InContext Editing, clients can modify their pages right in the browser…
Prerequisite: Dreamweaver CS5 Essential Training.
- Exploring the capabilities of Business Catalyst
- Modifying Business Catalyst modules and templates in Dreamweaver
- Extending to clients the ability to modify their web pages in the browser
- Managing downloadable documents with the Literature module
- Utilizing Business Catalyst's customer and content management features
- Creating email marketing campaigns
- Building a store catalog
- Setting up a payment gateway
- Customizing the checkout experience
Skill Level Intermediate
Dreamweaver CS5 Essential Trainingwith James Williamson15h 22m Beginner
Dreamweaver CS5 New Featureswith James Williamson1h 33m Intermediate
1. Introducing Business Catalyst
2. Integrating Business Catalyst with Dreamweaver
3. Using InContext Editing
4. Advanced Business Catalyst Features
5. Building an Online Store with Business Catalyst
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.