When you unlock the power of remote work, you can ditch your commute, work where you focus best, and spend more time doing things you love, all while advancing your career. In this course, coach Mike Gutman from FlexJobs shows how to use today's cloud-based communication and collaboration tools to get work done from anywhere, while remaining connected to your organization. He reveals how you can create a productive work environment at home or around town by structuring your day correctly and avoiding distractions. He also explains how to build rapport with remote colleagues so you feel like you're part of the team and succeed in your remote career. Watch this course to learn how to work productively, when and where you want, and achieve the freedom and flexibility you need for a more balanced life.
- Describe the ideal home setup for working remotely.
- Summarize the process of onboarding a remote worker.
- Explain the importance of work-life balance and how to maintain it while working remotely.
- Cite the tools remote workers can use to stay connected to the home office.
- Describe how to manage conflict with teammates while working remotely.
- Explain how to build culture in a remote team.
Skill Level Intermediate
- The days of being cuffed to your cubicle are over. And with all the online communication and collaboration tools available, people can get work done from anywhere they can connect to the internet. I've been working remotely for over 10 years and I love the freedom and flexibility it's given me to work when and where I work best. People often ask how they can build culture or communicate with their team, or advance their careers without being in the office. I'm here to share with you some guidance and wisdom so you can work with your team from anywhere and have it feel like you're working right next to them.
And you'll get all the benefits of being able to have a successful career and a more balanced life. So, if you're just starting to explore remote work, or are already working remotely, join me as I give you the tools you need to be a productive and valuable member of your team. When you give up the commute, you open yourself up to a world of new opportunities.