Join Drew Boyd for an in-depth discussion in this video On trends in innovation, part of Business Innovation.
- View Offline
In the innovation space there are some…trends, there's no doubt about it.…Some that I think are exciting, others I think maybe are…overblown a little bit, to be perfectly honest with you.…One of the key trends that I'm very involved…in is the use of systematic methods.…Companies are becoming aware that you can take a method and…apply it in a systematic way to produce new products and…services on demand, and that's very exciting.…
This method is starting to grow in…popularity, used all over the world.…One of the trends that is also very apparent…right now is this so-called open innovation.…Open innovation is this idea that you…can source ideas outside your company.…I get a little uncomfortable with it because to…be honest with you I think open innovation…is an old idea with a new name.…Open innovation has been done for years.…Companies have gone out and done technology scouting,…they've done license and acquisition.…
They've gone out and tried to source…ideas from others for a very long time.…The idea of open innovation was to formalize…
In the bonus chapter, Drew shares insights from his own career and answers tough questions on resistance to innovation, innovation and leadership, and the difference between generating vs. executing innovative ideas.
Lynda.com is a PMI Registered Education Provider. This course qualifies for professional development units (PDUs). To view the activity and PDU details for this course, click here.
The PMI Registered Education Provider logo is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
- What is innovation?
- Understanding the myths about creativity and barriers to innovation
- Understanding the characteristics of innovative products and services
- Using the five techniques of Systematic Inventive Thinking
- Creating new services and processes at work
- Running innovation workshops
- Involving customers in innovation
- Mastering innovative thinking<br><br>
- The PMI Registered Education Provider logo is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.