Ready to watch this entire course?
Become a member and get unlimited access to the entire skills library of over 4,900 courses, including more Business and personalized recommendations.Start Your Free Trial Now
- View Offline
Lynda.com is a PMI Registered Education Provider. This course qualifies for professional development units (PDUs). To view the activity and PDU details for this course, click here.
The PMI Registered Education Provider logo is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
- Using email as a communication tool
- Understanding the right time and the right tone to strike
- Crafting strong subject lines and messages
- Respecting confidentiality
- Copying and bcc'ing
- Including attachments<br><br>
- The PMI Registered Education Provider logo is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
Skill Level Beginner
- [Voiceover] Hello, and welcome to Writing Email. I'm Judy, and I look forward to helping you use email effectively and efficiently. In this course, you will learn to craft emails that will get read, all the way from the subject line to the attachment. We'll examine five tips related to understanding when and how to use email. Then, we'll delve more deeply into each, as we focus on crafting personalized email messages that will leave a good impression on the receiver. Finally, email etiquette will be examined, including copying and forwarding.
And even when not to use email. I'm excited to share with you these tips for using email as a communication tool. Let's begin looking at the most commonly-used business communication channel, email.