- View Offline
- Understanding the importance of typing ergonomics
- Measuring your typing speed and accuracy
- Managing your habits
- Learning the home row keys
- Locating letter, number, and math keys
- Using modifier keys: Shift, Alt, Control, etc.
- Using the numeric keypad effectively
Skill Level Beginner
(soft music) - Hi, I'm Anson and welcome to Typing Fundamentals. In this course, I'll go over the basics of typing so you can improve your typing speed and overall computing efficiency. First, we'll go over the benefits of learning how to type properly and the importance of ergonomic typing. Then, we'll look at which fingers are used to type each key on a standard keyboard. Finally, I'll show you how to properly use a numeric keypad for quicker work in financial documents.
Whether you're just learning to type for the first time or if you've already been typing and want to improve your skills, this is the course for you. Let's get started with Typing Fundamentals.