Join Drew Boyd for an in-depth discussion in this video Mastering innovative thinking, part of Business Innovation.
- View Offline
Let me share with you some tips and advice…on how you master the techniques…and principals taught in this course.…First, work on mastering one at a time.…Not all five at once.…It's better to limit rather than dilute.…Don't overwhelm yourself trying to be an expert…in all five right away.…As you learn each technique,…you must be true to the process.…Remember to follow the steps exactly…as you learn in this course.…If you misapply these techniques,…they won't work to their fullest potential.…
One way to develop your expertise…in the SIT techniques is with pattern spotting.…A key premise of SIT is that for thousands of years,…innovators have used patterns in their inventions…usually without even realizing it.…Those patterns are now embedded into…the products are services you see around you.…Almost like the DNA of a product.…You want to develop your ability to see these patterns…as a way to improve your use of them.…
When you go to the store or when you're watching T.V.…and you see some new innovative product,…try to figure out which of the five SIT techniques…
In the bonus chapter, Drew shares insights from his own career and answers tough questions on resistance to innovation, innovation and leadership, and the difference between generating vs. executing innovative ideas.
Lynda.com is a PMI Registered Education Provider. This course qualifies for professional development units (PDUs). To view the activity and PDU details for this course, click here.
The PMI Registered Education Provider logo is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
- What is innovation?
- Understanding the myths about creativity and barriers to innovation
- Understanding the characteristics of innovative products and services
- Using the five techniques of Systematic Inventive Thinking
- Creating new services and processes at work
- Running innovation workshops
- Involving customers in innovation
- Mastering innovative thinking<br><br>
- The PMI Registered Education Provider logo is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.