- View Offline
Lynda.com is a PMI Registered Education Provider. This course qualifies for professional development units (PDUs). To view the activity and PDU details for this course, click here.
The PMI Registered Education Provider logo is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
- Incorporating risk management into your project
- Identifying risk
- Categorizing risks
- Performing qualitative and quantitative risk analysis
- Building a risk-response plan
- Deciding when to execute a risk-response plan<br><br>
- The PMI Registered Education Provider logo is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
Skill Level Appropriate for all
- Hi. I'm Bob McGannon and this is Managing Project Risk. This course provides hints and tips for managing the wide variety of risks that can plague your project. As project managers, we need to focus on project risks as they can reduce your ability to achieve your project goals if not derail your project all together. As a result, successfully managing project risk is a vital activity for success in project management. We'll start by examining the concept of project risk and the ways it can influence your project stakeholders and alter your project outcomes.
We will talk about how to incorporate risk management approaches into your daily project management routines and how to understand your stakeholder perceptions about risk on your project. Next, I will describe how to identify the risks on your project using various methods to help ensure you get a complete set of risks for your project. We will then talk about how to write crisp, clear, and useful risk records and how to categorize your risks to manage them efficiently. We will also look at the most common ways to respond to risks to ensure you effectively reduce the probability of risks occurring or the impact to your project if they do.
Lastly, we will discuss incorporating risk management and risk status information into your standard project reporting approach. Having the right tools and techniques in your toolkit to maximize your ability to handle risk on your projects can be instrumental in advancing your career as a project manager. I will introduce you to these tools and techniques in Managing Project Risk.