- Summarize the most effective posture to utilize during typing.
- Identify the advantages of the DVORAK keyboard layout.
- Explain where your hands should rest on the keyboard.
- Summarize the process for effectively typing capital letters.
- Recall which finger should be used to press the function, control, option, and command keys.
- Identify the hand position used when typing using the numeric keypad.
Skill Level Beginner
(soft music) - Hi, I'm Anson and welcome to Typing Fundamentals. In this course, I'll go over the basics of typing so you can improve your typing speed and overall computing efficiency. First, we'll go over the benefits of learning how to type properly and the importance of ergonomic typing. Then, we'll look at which fingers are used to type each key on a standard keyboard. Finally, I'll show you how to properly use a numeric keypad for quicker work in financial documents.
Whether you're just learning to type for the first time or if you've already been typing and want to improve your skills, this is the course for you. Let's get started with Typing Fundamentals.
1. Typing Fundamentals
2. The Home Row and Thumbs
3. Letter Keys
4. Number and Math Keys
5. Additional Keys
6. Numeric Keypad
Final practice assessment1m 33s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.