- View Offline
The information in this course applies only to the United States.
Lynda.com is a PMI Registered Education Provider. This course qualifies for professional development units (PDUs). To view the activity and PDU details for this course, click here.
The PMI Registered Education Provider logo is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
DISCLAIMER: This course is taught by an attorney and addresses US law concepts that may not apply in all countries. Neither LInkedIn nor the attorney teaching the course represents you and they are not giving legal advice. The information conveyed through this course is akin to a college or law school course; it is not intended to give legal advice, but instead to communicate basic information to help viewers understand the basics of intellectual property.
- What is intellectual property?
- What is a copyright?
- How long do copyrights last?
- Trademarking your brand
- Trademark infringement
- Patenting your ideas
- Defending trade secrets<br><br>
- The PMI Registered Education Provider logo is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
Skill Level Appropriate for all
- Intellectual property is one of the hottest subjects in the business and the legal community today. And there's good reason for that. 40 years ago, the typical American company had about 20% of its assets in intellectual property or intangible assets. Today that number is more like 80%. That means that almost every company in America is dealing in intellectual property every day. It's their biggest asset. I'm Dana Robinson. I'm an intellectual property attorney. I work wih IP clients every day.
In this course, I'd like to share the basics of intellectual property law. I'd like to help you become conversant in this fascinating subject. So let's get started.
Sign up for a Premium Membership to download courses for Internet-free viewing.
Watch offline with your iOS, Android, or desktop app.Start Your Free Trial
After signing up, download the course here or from the iOS/Android App.