Ready to watch this entire course?
Become a member and get unlimited access to the entire skills library of over 4,900 courses, including more Business and personalized recommendations.Start Your Free Trial Now
- View Offline
Along the way, learn the secrets of turning difficult conversations into successful interactions that enhance communication and rapport. Improve both your professional and personal relationships, finding your way back from conflict through mutually successful outcomes.
Lynda.com is a PMI Registered Education Provider. This course qualifies for professional development units (PDUs). To view the activity and PDU details for this course, click here.
The PMI Registered Education Provider logo is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
- What is a difficult conversation?
- Understanding why conversations go badly
- Changing your tipping point
- Building your ladder—and climbing down
- Knowing your triggers
- Reframing your adversary
- Being prepared for the conversation
- Taking responsibility
- Sharing goals and experience
- Co-creating a solution
- Developing the action plan
- Building better feedback<br><br>
- The PMI Registered Education Provider logo is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
Skill Level Appropriate for all
- I'm Dr. Britt Andreatta, and I am pleased to welcome you to this course on Having Difficult Conversations. In this course, we're going to explore how you can have difficult conversations. There are generally three types of difficult conversations: those that go badly, those that go very well, and those that are avoided. We're going to focus on having a successful conversation that not only achieves the desired outcome but enhances the relationship as well. In this course, I'll share with you specific tips and strategies for having difficult conversations. We'll cover the four phases of successful conversations and specific components of the conversation itself.
We'll also look at when you have to initiate a difficult conversation, as well as when you're on the other side. This course will help you prepare step-by-step to have your conversation. Let's get started.