The course reveals what delegation can do for you and your team and introduces a four-phase model to delegate tasks and manage projects large and small. The phases include evaluating the task, handing the task over, supporting task completion, and closing the task. In between, learn how to pick the right level of autonomy for each task and the best ways to avoid micromanagement.
- What is delegation?
- Evaluating tasks
- Determining which tasks to delegate
- Assigning tasks
- Meeting with team members
- Providing team support
- Avoiding micromanaging and the fear of letting go
- Accepting delegation from your boss
Skill Level Intermediate
- Throughout your life, you'll have many tasks assigned to you and you'll hand off tasks to others. Whether it's that new project at work or asking your partner to grab milk at the store, delegation is everywhere. Well I'm going to speak to you as if you're the delegator. Everything I say can help you when you're on the receiving on of delegation as well. In this course, I'm going to introduce you to the four phase model of delegation. I'll start by demonstrating how to evaluate your workload and identify projects to delegate. I'll then show you how to assess your staff to help develop them to their fullest potential.
Next, we'll look at handing the task over in a way that sets the employee up for success. And finally, we'll discuss how to maximize your learning from each delegation. You'll get tips and strategies and by the end of the course, you'll have identified several projects to delegate and staff who can grow from those opportunities and we'll even discuss how to avoid the pitfalls of micromanagement. Join me in discovering the many benefits of delegation. Let's get started. See you in my course.