- Defining marketing goals and measuring success
- Integrating already established programs
- Getting leadership support
- Establishing an online footprint, starting with a blog
- Electing editors, community managers, and content creators
- Using an editorial calendar
- Writing for the web
- Understanding the importance of images, audio, and video
Skill Level Appropriate for all
- Hi, I'm C.C. Chapman, coauthor of the book Content Rules, and welcome to Content Marketing Fundamentals. So what is content marketing? It's all the photos, the words, the videos, the audio. It's everything you create and put online to tell your story. Content marketing has been around for years. It was also the print, radio, and televisions ads that we've all seen for years. It's nothing new. The tools have changed, though. It's made it easier for any business of any size to play against the big boys. What we're going to lay out in this class is everything you need to know about content marketing.
We're first going to start talking about the strategy, how to figure out what's right for you and your company. Then we're going to be talking about the platforms. There's so many different networks and tools out there, what's right for you? Then we're going to discuss the roles and responsibilities. What do you have to do? What kind of team do you need to put together in order to make this be successful for you? And, finally, I'm going to share some of my best practices for content marketing. Content marketing may be new, it may be scary for you. But I promise you it's necessary to be successful in today's business.
And we're going to lay it all out in this course.