- View Offline
Lynda.com is a PMI Registered Education Provider. This course qualifies for professional development units (PDUs). To view the activity and PDU details for this course, click here.
The PMI Registered Education Provider logo is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
- What is earned value management?
- Who uses EVM?
- Determining budget at completion, planned value, and earned value
- Calculating schedule and cost variance as well as schedule and cost performance index
- Forecasting future costs
- Computing TCPI for project success
- Exploring limitations of EVM<br><br>
- The PMI Registered Education Provider logo is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
Skill Level Appropriate for all
- Hi, my name is Aileen Ellis, and welcome to the course Calculating Earned Value. In this course, I'll explain the basics of Earned Value Management. We'll discuss what Earned Value is, and why organizations use it. More specifically, we'll discuss how to use Earned Value Management. Some of us are interested in Earned Value to help us better measure current project performance, and forecast future performance.
Others want to understand Earned Value Management, as it's a critical step on our path to becoming a Project Management professional. Most of our time in this course will be spent walking through two Earned Value Management examples. Finally, we'll go over just a few of the limitations of Earned Value Management. Let's get started with Calculating Earned Value.