- View Offline
In the bonus chapter, Drew shares insights from his own career and answers tough questions on resistance to innovation, innovation and leadership, and the difference between generating vs. executing innovative ideas.
Lynda.com is a PMI Registered Education Provider. This course qualifies for professional development units (PDUs). To view the activity and PDU details for this course, click here.
The PMI Registered Education Provider logo is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
- What is innovation?
- Understanding the myths about creativity and barriers to innovation
- Understanding the characteristics of innovative products and services
- Using the five techniques of Systematic Inventive Thinking
- Creating new services and processes at work
- Running innovation workshops
- Involving customers in innovation
- Mastering innovative thinking<br><br>
- The PMI Registered Education Provider logo is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
Skill Level Appropriate for all
- One of my favorite quotes about innovation comes from Harold McAlindon, who said, "The world leaders in innovation and creativity "will also be the world leaders in everything else." I believe this. Organizations today have to work very hard to stay competitive and survive in the marketplace, but just surviving is not good enough. Companies want to grow in size and ultimately grow in value to their shareholders, but the ways of doing that are pretty limited.
The only true, sustainable and virtually unlimited source of new growth for any organization is innovation. I'm going to share with you a method of generating ideas called Systematic Inventive Thinking, or SIT. It's based on research by my friend and colleague, Doctor Jacob Goldenberg, who discovered that innovation follows a set of patterns. These patterns can be reapplied to invent new products and services.
Innovation is about making the world a better place, and through the concepts I'll share with you in this course, you'll begin to develop the skills that will help you do just that.