Join Jim Stice for an in-depth discussion in this video Wrap-up, part of Running a Profitable Business: Understanding Cash Flow.
- So, we've reached the end of this course.…Remember, many good businesses have died a premature death…because they didn't properly manage their cash flow.…- I have a friend who's a small business owner.…Let's talk about his cash flow management practices.…I will disguise the actual nature of his business…to preserve his privacy.…- So, what's the nature of his cash flow management issues?…- He operates, let's say, a beach-side shop…in a vacation beach area.…He sells food, souvenirs, and some groceries.…He also rents jet skis and scooters.…
- Well, I'll bet his business is very seasonal.…High business in the late spring and summer,…and almost no business in the winter.…- Exactly. He tells me that he maintains…a rolling thirty day cash flow projection.…He forecasts how much cash he will collect from customers…and how much cash he will have to pay suppliers…for each day, for the next thirty days.…- Well, has he ever had a big crisis…that threatened his survival?…- Yeah, a few years ago.…It was rumored that one of the big cruise lines…
Want to hear more from Jim and Kay? Learn about all three types of accounting—financial, managerial, and income tax—in their Accounting Fundamentals course.
Lynda.com is a PMI Registered Education Provider. This course qualifies for professional development units (PDUs). To view the activity and PDU details for this course, click here.
- Differentiating between net income and operating cash flow
- Categorizing cash flow
- Using financial data to deduce cash flow
- Managing operating, investing, and financing cash flows
- Typical cash flow patterns
- Converting net income into operating cash flow
- Improving operating cash flow
Skill Level Intermediate
1. The Importance of Cash Flow Analysis
2. Overview of the Statement of Cash Flows
3. Using Cash Flow Data to Make a Loan Decision
4. Converting Income Statement Data into Operating Cash Flow Data
5. Managing Cash Flow
6. Cash Flow Numbers for Some Real Companies
The danger of free cash flow3m 56s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.