Join Jim Stice for an in-depth discussion in this video What you should know before watching this course, part of Finance for Non-Financial Managers.
- So, what does a person need to know to take this course? Well, there are no prerequisites for this course. All you need is a willing heart and mind. Now we will introduce you to a lot of new terms and concepts but you can do this. We will bend your mind in ways that it might not be comfortable bending. But that's okay. This will be a little like exercise. When you first start out it might hurt a little bit because you're working muscles that haven't been worked in a while. But eventually your body gets used to it. Well the same is true here. We're going to work muscles in your brain that aren't used to being worked in this way.
But that's okay. You'll get used to it and you will get a sense of accomplishment in knowing that numbers just aren't that scary. So there are no prerequisites for this course but once you complete this course you may find that you'd like to try your hand at other numbers courses, and we have plenty of those. If you want to know more about accounting, finance, income taxes, just to name a few, those are available in the Lynda library. But for now let's just sit back, relax, and learn about the power of numbers in business.
- Interpret financial reports and make decisions based on available data
- Manage inventory and receivables
- Create an accurate budget
- Cost a product or service
- Analyze customers
- Understand your income taxes
- Communicate your contribution to the bottom line