Join Jim Stice for an in-depth discussion in this video Tough times in 2008, except for Exxon Mobil, part of Running a Profitable Business: Understanding Cash Flow.
- I like performance records.…- Me too.…For example, my friend, Kevin Cole, in high school,…set what we considered to be the world record…by balancing on two legs of a chair,…for 13 minutes, 37 seconds in class one day.…- Wow, you sound like quite a collection of scholars.…My favorite record is the world record that Bob Beamon…set in the Long Jump in the 1968 Mexico City Olympics.…- An awesome jump.…- Bob Beamon jumped so far that he was past the range…of the electronic measuring system.…The meet officials had to roll out…an old fashioned tape measure.…
The jump was 29 feet, 2 1/2 inches,…breaking the existing record by almost two feet.…No one else had ever jumped over 28 feet.…Bob Beamon flew clear past 28 feet, straight to 29 feet.…It wasn't for another 23 years that a jumper…finally broke Bob Beamon's record.…- An amazing record.…Now because this is a cash flow course…let's talk about the operating cash flow record.…For simplicity let's restrict our attention…to U.S. companies.…- Okay, interestingly, this U.S. operating cash flow record…
Want to hear more from Jim and Kay? Learn about all three types of accounting—financial, managerial, and income tax—in their Accounting Fundamentals course.
- Differentiating between net income and operating cash flow
- Categorizing cash flow
- Using financial data to deduce cash flow
- Managing operating, investing, and financing cash flows
- Typical cash flow patterns
- Converting net income into operating cash flow
- Improving operating cash flow
Skill Level Intermediate
1. The Importance of Cash Flow Analysis
2. Overview of the Statement of Cash Flows
3. Using Cash Flow Data to Make a Loan Decision
4. Converting Income Statement Data into Operating Cash Flow Data
5. Managing Cash Flow
6. Cash Flow Numbers for Some Real Companies
The danger of free cash flow3m 56s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.