Join Jim Stice for an in-depth discussion in this video The Jim Stice operating cash flow matrix, part of Running a Profitable Business: Understanding Cash Flow.
- My name is Kay.…- I know.…- And you've been making fun of my name for years.…- I have not made fun of your name.…I have simply observed that Kay is a female name.…It just seems odd to me,…that a male would have a female name.…- Hey, it isn't my fault.…It was your mother who gave me the name.…- All I know is she didn't give me a female name.…She named me Jim. A man's name.…A man's, man's name.…- (giggling) Yeah, yeah, yeah, so tell these guys how low…you have stooped in order to make fun of my name.…
- Well, inconsiderately,…I happened to meet a woman named Kay.…And I married her.…Together we have seven children and 20 grandchildren.…- You married her just to make fun of me.…- Well, I do confess that I enjoy telling people…that I've slept in the same room with Kay Stice,…one or the other of you, for my entire life.…- Yeah, it's hilarious,…but in spite of the many trials you have put me through…for the past 56 years since your birth,…I do acknowledge that you invented something…that makes it all worth it.…- Aw, you must be referring to…
Want to hear more from Jim and Kay? Learn about all three types of accounting—financial, managerial, and income tax—in their Accounting Fundamentals course.
- Differentiating between net income and operating cash flow
- Categorizing cash flow
- Using financial data to deduce cash flow
- Managing operating, investing, and financing cash flows
- Typical cash flow patterns
- Converting net income into operating cash flow
- Improving operating cash flow
Skill Level Intermediate
1. The Importance of Cash Flow Analysis
2. Overview of the Statement of Cash Flows
3. Using Cash Flow Data to Make a Loan Decision
4. Converting Income Statement Data into Operating Cash Flow Data
5. Managing Cash Flow
6. Cash Flow Numbers for Some Real Companies
The danger of free cash flow3m 56s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.