Ready to watch this entire course?
Become a member and get unlimited access to the entire skills library of over 4,900 courses, including more Design and personalized recommendations.Start Your Free Trial Now
- View Offline
- Identifying the common parts of a newsletter
- Working with multiple stories and images
- Placing, scaling, and cropping images
- Using various typefaces and formatting text to fit the message
- Establishing efficient workflows with paragraph styles, character styles, object styles, and master pages
- Designing mastheads, footers, and tables of contents
- Preflighting and proofing documents
- Creating print-ready PDF files
Skill Level Intermediate
Exercise files are available to lynda.com premium subscribers and for those who purchase the DVD. For the Hands-On Workshop series, you're strongly encouraged to follow along with your own files to create your own designs. When downloading the exercise files folder from the lynda.com website, it's recommended that you place the photo on your desktop for easy access. The exercise files are conveniently organized by chapter number and name. Simply select an exercise file from the correct chapter folder as indicated in the file path provided in the video.
If you're working in the CS3 version of the application, the exercise files may not exactly match those in the video. However, you will still be able to follow along and learn to demonstrate the techniques. It's possible that the exercise files may use fonts that are not installed on your system. So if you get this Missing Fonts warning dialog then you can do one of two things. Just click OK and InDesign will do its best guessing an appropriate substitution for the font or if you click Find Font then you get to control which font is substituted for the missing font.
Here is the missing font right here as indicated by this yellow warning triangle. I'm going to click on that and now I can choose to replace it with an appropriate substitution, then click Change All and Done.