- View Offline
- Browsing and opening files from Mini Bridge
- Adding custom watermarks to photos
- Performing content-aware healing
- Sharpening, reducing noise, and adding film grain in Adobe Camera Raw
- Editing styles and effects on multiple layers at once
- Selecting with a smart radius
- Applying the HDR Toning adjustment
- Making lens corrections to adjust for distortion
- Auto straightening a photograph
Skill Level Intermediate
- Welcome, my name is Chris Orwig, I'm a photographer and I'm a teacher. I'm on the faculty at the Brooks Institute in Santa Barbara, California where we are right now and it is another beautiful morning. During this training title, we're going to focus in on the new features inside a Photoshop and Bridge CS5, and we're going to focus in on the features that are most important for photographers. Now, whenever something new comes out, I always think back to what one of my photographic mentors taught me years ago. He said, "Chris, just because something is new, doesn't necessarily make it better", and so whenever there's a new camera, lens, or software that comes out, I always like to evaluate it from an honest and real perspective, so how then, do these new features in Photoshop and Bridge stack up? Are they worth it? Are they good enough? Well, I'm happy to say, they are really strong.
What they've done, once again, is taken a program that's good and made it better. Now, what does better actually look like? Well, for a photographer, we need a tool that's strong, of course, that helps us to be more efficient and also that makes us more creative, and as you'll discover, these new features do just that. So, what exactly are we going to talk about here? We're going to start off by focusing in on Adobe Bridge and one of the interesting things about Adobe Bridge is that we now have the ability to add watermarks to our images in some more flexible and creative ways.
Now, for photographers Adobe Camera Raw really is the foundation for our post production work and there's some phenomenal new features here in regards to how we work with noise and also how we sharpen our photographs. Another great new feature has to do with ACR, whether we want to add some ACR toning to a photograph or if we simply want to automate, creating an ACR photograph. Now, the new feature that everyone is incredibly excited about, this is one of those wow features, it's content aware spot healing and also content aware fill.
What these features allow us to do is quickly clean up and re-touch our photographs in some really phenomenal ways. Well, as you can see, there are indeed some exciting new features in Photoshop and Bridge CS-5. Thanks for joining me on this training title, I look forward to working with you, let's begin.