- View Offline
- Identifying the common parts of a newsletter
- Working with multiple stories and images
- Placing, scaling, and cropping images
- Using various typefaces and formatting text to fit the message
- Establishing efficient workflows with paragraph styles, character styles, object styles, and master pages
- Designing mastheads, footers, and tables of contents
- Preflighting and proofing documents
- Creating print-ready PDF files
Skill Level Intermediate
(bright techno piano music) - Hi, I'm Nigel French, and this is Designing a Newsletter. With 15 years experience as a professional graphic designer, I've gotten to know the tools and skills needed to put together a newsletter that's friendly and approachable, but also stylish. In this course I'll show you how to use design and production techniques in Adobe InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop, and Bridge CS4 to create a great-looking newsletter, one that people will actually want to read.
First, we'll break down a newsletter and identify its common parts. Then we'll explore working with multiple stories and images. We'll cover how to use typefaces and format text, as well as placing, scaling, and cropping pictures. Throughout the process, we'll be establishing an efficient workflow, with styles, master pages, and layers, to maximize your design time and minimize the repetitive tasks. Let's start to get our message on the page with Designing a Newsletter.