Bill Gardner explains why trends are an essential part of design and a key element in determining what the public is ready to accept from the field of design. Why being conversant with design from the past is essential and how to use LogoLounge.com to access the last decade and a half of identity trends.
- I am a designer…and an inquisitive voyeur.…I've always wanted to see…how others do what I do.…Being able to pull back the curtains…to expose where design is headed…is a bit like being the driver on a trip.…You and the passengers have the very same view,…but the driver knows where the car's headed.…If you're hoping this presentation is about…what's driving logo design today,…you're in luck.…And by the end of this course,…I'll give you the keys.…What we're about discuss…certainly are not the moment's only logo design trends.…
Over the last years, we have identified…and presented better than 200 trends,…all of which are available on logolounge.com.…The logo's you're seeinng now…are just few of the key trends…that have had the biggest impact…over the last two decades.…This course is focused on those…that will have the greatest impact…on our industry now.…Some of these are fully active…over the last year,…while others are nascent concepts…just emerging as we speak.…
These concepts are drawn internationally…from over 25,000 logos we review…
Discover how logo trends get started and how they evolve. See how several, different designers were able to manifest a different successful solution using the same general concept behind a trend. You'll also learn where to look to find sparks for your next identity project that will allow you to launch into the vanguard of identifying trends before others.
- Detecting logo design trends
- Identifying marks and techniques to launch your next design
- Determining which elements captivate consumers
- Leveraging new ways to express dimension
- Shifting the use of shape and line to communicate strength