Bill Gardner introduces the implied values of a transparent identity. Why consumers respond positively to being able to gaze into a logo and the implied connotation associated with the practice. He will introduce you to the most recent version of this technique using sequential slices of a three dimensional concept. Discover a variety of examples to demonstrate how you can apply this technique to your own designs.
- We hear so much about the financial industry…wishing to be transparent, so the investors…have the ability to inspect their investments,…to see where their funds are being put to work,…and I'm not so brash as to suggest that…designing of a logo that appears transparent…will truly be of any value to consumers.…But transparency in identity design…has become as successful as it has…because symbolically, it's the visual…promise of the company, that openness is so important…that they demand it to be emblazoned on every…visual touch-point of their brand.…
Many of the logos we'll display in this course…will be designed to give the appearance of transparency.…They're often designed to achieve exactly…the end that we just discussed.…I'm positive you've seen many of these marks…that have a translucent quality,…and because they've been popular for a number of years,…designers are on the continual prowl…for a new way to convey these qualities.…This year, we are starting to see a lift…in the number of marks that have been constructed…
Discover how logo trends get started and how they evolve. See how several, different designers were able to manifest a different successful solution using the same general concept behind a trend. You'll also learn where to look to find sparks for your next identity project that will allow you to launch into the vanguard of identifying trends before others.
- Detecting logo design trends
- Identifying marks and techniques to launch your next design
- Determining which elements captivate consumers
- Leveraging new ways to express dimension
- Shifting the use of shape and line to communicate strength