Explore surface treatment that is flat yet engaging with a diverse set of colors that allow a halftone free method of creating gradients. Learn how you can rely on using ombré tones to define layers and transitional shifts that could indicate hot to cold, light to dark, quick to slow or any number of transitioning opposite effects.
- I love it when I'm able…to add a new word to my vocabulary.…And anymore, my 20 year old daughter Molly has been…pretty hard at work on me, bringing me up to speed.…About a year ago, she created…a couple of cakes for her grandmother's birthday.…Aside from being very pink and very blue,…they were also very unique.…She iced them with a technique she referred to as "ombre",…which is subtle gradation from one color to the next.…Enter the word into an image search engine…and you'll see a great deal of color-shifting hairstyles.…
I think I could have said gradation myself,…but I was intrigued by the step-method…of achieving the effect and thus, an appropriate name…for this trending logo technique.…At a distance, these marks may give the impression…of gradients ebbing from one color to the next.…But by creating a series of stepped increments,…designers are cheating the system.…For years, the specter of creating a logo that demanded…four color process printing was foreboding.…Sheens and gradations that once caused reproduction…
Discover how logo trends get started and how they evolve. See how several, different designers were able to manifest a different successful solution using the same general concept behind a trend. You'll also learn where to look to find sparks for your next identity project that will allow you to launch into the vanguard of identifying trends before others.
- Detecting logo design trends
- Identifying marks and techniques to launch your next design
- Determining which elements captivate consumers
- Leveraging new ways to express dimension
- Shifting the use of shape and line to communicate strength