Investigate the newest twist on the ever popular use of monoline design in crafting brilliant logos but adding a level of texture and interest previously lacking. Learn how this technique is evolving forward with the use of continuous and dashed lines to allow designers to create multiple layers or to convey levels of hierarchy within a logo.
- Have you ever asked yourself,…"Who influences me?"…We're all influenced, and especially in design.…It's part of how we remain relevant with consumers,…by ingesting trends in the market.…And though we're talking logos here,…I don't mean just looking at other logos.…Some of our most significant trends…in the identity industry come…from totally unrelated areas…or very related areas.…I note that illustration styles…can be extremely influential, or posters,…or the work of user interface designers for the web,…especially interface designers.…
Several years ago, designers for the internet…started designing using a graphic style…referred to as monoline.…Basically, they were creating icons and symbols…that were drafted entirely from line work…that was all a single common weight,…a bit like these.…It's a great way to build commonality in a system…that may represent a broad variety of objects.…They really do look like they belong together.…It wasn't long before the style started to migrate over…to another group of icons: logos.…
Discover how logo trends get started and how they evolve. See how several, different designers were able to manifest a different successful solution using the same general concept behind a trend. You'll also learn where to look to find sparks for your next identity project that will allow you to launch into the vanguard of identifying trends before others.
- Detecting logo design trends
- Identifying marks and techniques to launch your next design
- Determining which elements captivate consumers
- Leveraging new ways to express dimension
- Shifting the use of shape and line to communicate strength