Developing a Style Guide
A style guide helps clarify a company's voice, look, and identity. In this course, Nigel French explains the components that make a style guide—sometimes called a branding guidelines book. The course shows the importance of the style guide for maintaining logo integrity, a unified voice, and consistent use of typography, color, and imagery.
- Understanding how style guides fit into the branding process
- Who is a style guide for?
- Formatting the guide
- Deciding what to include
- Identifying your position statement and voice
- Working with logos and typography
- Formalizing brand colors
- Working with images
- [Voiceover] Hi, I'm Nigel French. Welcome to Developing a Style Guide. In this short course, we're gonna be looking at who is the style guide for and what are the elements that should be included? To demonstrate these points, I've created a style guide for the Roux Academy of Art. Let's get started then with Developing a Style Guide.
Performance Tuning Your Canon Digital SLR59,294 Views
Alison Mann: Animation Talent Scout1,183 Views
Creating a First Web Site with Flash Professional CS5638,911 Views
iMovie for iOS Essential Training101,177 Views
Distributing Android Apps40,679 Views
Illustrator CC 2013 One-on-One: Fundamentals1,633,291 Views
3ds Max 2015 Essential Training495,296 Views
Photoshop CC 2013 One-on-One: Fundamentals1,429,883 Views
Illustrator CC 2013 One-on-One: Mastery286,020 Views
3ds Max 2013 Essential Training820,714 Views