This video provides what learners need to follow along, such as an Internet connection and an email address to set up a Box.com membership.
- [Instructor] Just before we get started with Box essential training, let's talk about what you're going to need to follow along with me in this course. And I'm guessing you have everything because there aren't many requirements. First of all, you're going to need an internet connection, which I'm guessing you already have if you're watching this course. The faster the internet connection the better because we will be uploading files to the Cloud. That's where Box resides. In the Cloud, hence the need for an internet connection, you'll also need an email account.
We'll be setting up a free personal account to begin with, and to set up that personal Box account, you'll need an email address. We're also gonna be working with files. Now, you may have some files in mind that you'll want to store using Box, even edit, and maybe even share and collaborate with others. If you don't have files in mind right off the top, that's okay. I have some exercise files for you that you can use if you have the appropriate lynda.com account, and you'll be able to follow along with me step-by-step as we move through the various chapters and movies in this course.
- Creating a Box.com account
- Uploading files and folders
- Tagging files
- Searching for files
- Creating and editing documents with Box Edit
- Sharing links
- Assigning tasks
- Using Box for Office
- Installing Box Sync
- Using Box on a smartphone or tablet
- Upgrading to Box for Business
Skill Level Beginner
Creating and Giving Business Presentationswith Tatiana Kolovou1h 8m Intermediate
1. Get Started
2. Store and View Files
3. Use Box Edit
4. Collaborate with Box
5. Use Box Apps
6. Go Mobile with Box
7. Use Box for Business
Next steps1m 49s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.