- The new version of Box for Office Desktop,…which is Box for Installed Office,…works with the more recent versions of Office…that have a Backstage.…So it works with Microsoft Office 2010, 2013 and beyond.…There are some other prerequisites as well…for Box for Office.…You need to have Windows 7 or Windows 8 or a newer version.…You also need to have the administrative rights…to be able to install software…because one of the things that will be installed…is an auto-updating service.…
So if you're not an admin, you'll need to get…those permissions or have somebody else…install this for you.…Additionally, you'll need .NET 4 or better…and you'll also need VSTO or Visual Studio Tools for Office,…but those last two items will automatically…be installed for you when you download…Box for Office.…Again, you need to have a newer version of Office,…a newer version of Windows and administrative permissions…that will allow you to install things like .NET, VSTO,…and a auto-updater service.…
Box Notes are one of the newer Box apps.…
AuthorGini von Courter
- Editing documents in Box Edit
- Sharing links to files and folders
- Setting up security options
- Adding comments
- Assigning tasks
- Creating and editing Box notes
- Using Box Sync
- Using Box on mobile devices
- Upgrading to Box for Business
Skill Level Beginner
Q: This course was updated on 03/05/2015. What changed?
A: We updated the course to reflect the most recent changes to Box's interface and feature set, including the new Word, PowerPoint, and Excel integration offered in Box for Office.
1. Starting Out
2. Storing and Viewing Files
3. Using Box Edit
4. Collaborating with Box
5. Browsing Box Apps
6. Going Mobile
7. Using Box for Business
Next steps3m 18s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.