Box is a powerful application and tool all on its own, but to extend the capabilities of Box, one can tie in Box apps to meet specific needs. In this video, learn about what Box apps are, how to find what Box apps you already have, how to find additional Box apps, and how to add them to your account.
- [Instructor] By now you've learned how…powerful Box can be all on it's own, very useful.…But you can extend the capabilities of Box…by tying in applications called Box Apps.…These are specific apps that will be used…in conjunction with Box to allow you do to more.…That's what this chapter's all about.…Let's talk about what Box Apps are.…Well first of all to see what you have access to,…go up to the dropdown menu where you'll find…your name, your credentials, and select Apps.…
It's going to take us to a screen…broken up into different sections.…At the top, you're going to see some featured apps.…There's Box for iPad.…Looks like Box for Office would be a good one.…Box Edit we already have.…So we're familiar with Box Apps…without maybe even knowing it.…Down below you'll see some popular ones.…This is always being updated.…Box Edit one of the most popular of course.…And a little further down, some of the newest apps…available to work in conjunction with Box.…Over on the right-hand side,…you're going to see the ability to search for apps…
Lynda.com is a PMI Registered Education Provider. This course qualifies for professional development units (PDUs). To view the activity and PDU details for this course, click here.
The PMI Registered Education Provider logo is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
- Creating a Box.com account
- Uploading files and folders
- Tagging files
- Searching for files
- Creating and editing documents with Box Edit
- Sharing links
- Assigning tasks
- Using Box for Office
- Installing Box Sync
- Using Box on a smartphone or tablet
- Upgrading to Box for Business
Skill Level Beginner
1. Get Started
2. Store and View Files
3. Use Box Edit
4. Collaborate with Box
5. Use Box Apps
6. Go Mobile with Box
7. Use Box for Business
Next steps1m 49s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.