Box is an online storage and sharing tool that can be useful for everyone from individuals, to team members, to entire businesses. In this video, learn what you can do with Box as an individual storing files and sharing with others, as a team member collaborating with other team members, or as a business that needs to manage files and even share with external partners.
- [Instructor] Just before we set up a Box account…and start using it, it's important to understand…what exactly you can do with Box.…And we're gonna split it up into three categories :…what individuals can do with Box, teams, and businesses.…This is going to be a high-level overview…to give you the basic understanding…of what Box is all about before we start using it.…So, let's start with individuals.…Individuals can store files online, securely.…So what does that mean?…Well, you don't have to store files on your devices…taking up space that can be stored online,…you don't have to worry about them,…they're stored there securely.…
Of course when you store files online, securely,…it's easy to access those files then, from any device.…If they're stored locally on a computer,…they're difficult to get at.…If you're mobile, say, on a tablet or smartphone,…by storing them online, you can access them from anywhere…on any device, so long as you're connected.…And you can send files that are too large to send via email.…
- Creating a Box.com account
- Uploading files and folders
- Tagging files
- Searching for files
- Creating and editing documents with Box Edit
- Sharing links
- Assigning tasks
- Using Box for Office
- Installing Box Sync
- Using Box on a smartphone or tablet
- Upgrading to Box for Business
Skill Level Beginner
1. Get Started
2. Store and View Files
3. Use Box Edit
4. Collaborate with Box
5. Use Box Apps
6. Go Mobile with Box
7. Use Box for Business
Next steps1m 49s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.