Join Gini von Courter for an in-depth discussion in this video Understanding sharing and collaborating, part of Managing Projects with Box.
- When we're talking about working together…in software like Word or PowerPoint,…we'll often use the words "sharing" and "collaborating"…as if they're the same.…I share a file with you and then we're…collaborating together on the file,…or we collaborate on a shared file,…but in Box there is a distinction…between Sharing and Collaborating.…They're not the same…and therefore it's a distinction worth noting.…When I share what I'm doing…is I'm sending a link to a file or to a folder…to one or more individuals.…
I might send them different files.…I might send them three files or ten files,…but each of those I'm sending as a link…and that link will then give that person the ability…to view the file or to download the file,…perhaps even to edit the file,…and this is a great replacement for email attachments…because when I send someone an email,…I'm sending them a version of the file…as it exists right now.…If I make further changes, they're not privy to those.…So by sending someone a link to a file…whenever they open it, they're seeing that file…
Lynda.com is a PMI Registered Education Provider. This course qualifies for professional development units (PDUs). To view the activity and PDU details for this course, click here.
The PMI Registered Education Provider logo is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
- Defining folders
- Inviting the team to the project folder
- Changing automated action settings
- Locking and unlocking files
- Commenting on files
- Assigning file-related tasks
- Managing project bidding with Box