Join Gini von Courter for an in-depth discussion in this video Tagging and searching for files, part of Managing Projects with Box.
- I have a Pictures folder with a relatively…small number of images…so it's really easy to browse for files,…all I need to do is scroll.…But when I have 10 times as many files…or 100 times as many files,…finding a particular file will be more challenging.…And because we have this structure in our project files…that includes folders and subfolders,…I have some of the same challenges with Box that I have…when I have my files on folders Windows…which is it's very easy for me to go into Browse mode…and to double click to jump into a folder,…look there, is my file there?…No, go someplace else.…
I can actually waste a fair amount of time looking for files…that are some place in a folder structure.…So I'd like to encourage you to use…the Search utility with Box,…it sits right up here at the top.…And it's absolutely great to be able find files.…I'm going to look for a file that has "Potter" in its name.…You'll notice that it finds this file right away.…If I want to go back to all files, for example,…I can do that to the Pictures folder.…
Lynda.com is a PMI Registered Education Provider. This course qualifies for professional development units (PDUs). To view the activity and PDU details for this course, click here.
The PMI Registered Education Provider logo is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
- Defining folders
- Inviting the team to the project folder
- Changing automated action settings
- Locking and unlocking files
- Commenting on files
- Assigning file-related tasks
- Managing project bidding with Box