When using Box to search for files you have uploaded, the search functionality will search the name field, the description, and the contents of the file itself. o speed up the search process, you also search for tags. In this movie, you will know how to add new tags, add existing tags, and remove tags from files uploaded to Box.
- [Instructor] Creating a folder system here in Box…is an excellent way to keep your files organized…and separate from one another, and it makes it easier…to find the files you're looking for down the road,…but over time, you may end up with many, many folders…and sub-folders and files, and you'll wanna use…the search functionality that's built into Box…to find things quickly.…To help you find them quickly,…you might consider adding tags.…Tags are like key words that you add to a file,…so when you type in those key words down the road,…you'll find all of the files that contain those tags.…
So, while the search functionality's going to find…text in the name description right in the document itself,…adding tags can really improve the process.…So, how do we add tags?…Well, if you've been following along with me,…you might have this press release document…sitting right under all files,…and if we click this to preview it,…we see it's a press release for the Landon Hotel…in San Francisco, so a good tag may be San Francisco.…
- Creating a Box.com account
- Uploading files and folders
- Tagging files
- Searching for files
- Creating and editing documents with Box Edit
- Sharing links
- Assigning tasks
- Using Box for Office
- Installing Box Sync
- Using Box on a smartphone or tablet
- Upgrading to Box for Business
Skill Level Beginner
1. Get Started
2. Store and View Files
3. Use Box Edit
4. Collaborate with Box
5. Use Box Apps
6. Go Mobile with Box
7. Use Box for Business
Next steps1m 49s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.