Once Box Sync has been downloaded and installed, you're ready to start syncing files and folders to worked with offline. In this video, learn how find the box sync folder to access synced files, learn how to sync entire folders on Box, and you will also know how to use Box Sync to create new folders and add files from your computer to Box.
- [Narrator] Once you've completed the download…and installation steps for Box Sync,…you're pretty much ready to start syncing your files…as we're going to do in this movie,…but just before we do that, couple of things happen…at the end of the installation process.…One, a dialogue box, a little window, opens up…welcoming you to Box Sync, and there's the button…to start syncing.…We're not going to click that quite yet.…Down below, you may see a customized folder settings link,…allowing you to change the location where…your Box Sync folder's going to go.…
We'll get there in a moment, because another thing…that happens is you'll get an email message.…I'm going to switch over to my email…and up here at the top I can see a Box login.…Okay, I'm going to click here to show all of the graphics.…And it's just a reminder that you've now synced up…with Box using Box Sync for Windows, in my case.…And down below, you'll see that it's also being added…to your login activity list so you'll know…when somebody else is trying to login to your Box…
Lynda.com is a PMI Registered Education Provider. This course qualifies for professional development units (PDUs). To view the activity and PDU details for this course, click here.
The PMI Registered Education Provider logo is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
- Creating a Box.com account
- Uploading files and folders
- Tagging files
- Searching for files
- Creating and editing documents with Box Edit
- Sharing links
- Assigning tasks
- Using Box for Office
- Installing Box Sync
- Using Box on a smartphone or tablet
- Upgrading to Box for Business
Skill Level Beginner
1. Get Started
2. Store and View Files
3. Use Box Edit
4. Collaborate with Box
5. Use Box Apps
6. Go Mobile with Box
7. Use Box for Business
Next steps1m 49s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.