Join Gini von Courter for an in-depth discussion in this video Sharing Office documents, part of Up and Running with Box.
- You already know how to share…files and folders from Box,…but I can use the sharing features in Box…from Microsoft Office.…For example, if I'd like to share this file,…I can simply go backstage,…choose share,…share from box.…It gives me a link URL.…I can set an access level.…Anyone with a link,…people in the folder that this file is in,…people in your company,…or I can turn off sharing…by removing the link.…
If I click advanced,…I can allow downloading…or turn this off and only allow previewing.…And I can set a specific expiration date for the link…as long as I have an enterprise account.…I can't do this in the personal version, for example.…If I want to send this link to someone,…I can simply email it right here…and it will fire up my local default email client,…which in this case would be Microsoft Outlook,…so that I could send this link directly to someone.…
If, like me, you spend a fair amount of time…working in Microsoft Office,…I think that you also will appreciate…how easy it is to be able to share files…with other users without needing…
AuthorGini von Courter
- Editing documents in Box Edit
- Sharing links to files and folders
- Setting up security options
- Adding comments
- Assigning tasks
- Creating and editing Box notes
- Using Box Sync
- Using Box on mobile devices
- Upgrading to Box for Business
Skill Level Beginner
Q: This course was updated on 03/05/2015. What changed?
A: We updated the course to reflect the most recent changes to Box's interface and feature set, including the new Word, PowerPoint, and Excel integration offered in Box for Office.
1. Starting Out
2. Storing and Viewing Files
3. Using Box Edit
4. Collaborating with Box
5. Browsing Box Apps
6. Going Mobile
7. Using Box for Business
Next steps3m 18s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.