For many people, sharing a file with someone means sending a file via email as an attachment. In reality, this is sharing a copy of the file, and may not even work with larger files. In this video, learn how to share a file using Box by sending a link to a file stored in Box, and choose whether or not that person will have permission to download the file or not.
- One of the greatest advantages to using Box…to store your files is how easy it is…to share those files, even collaborate…on those files with others.…That's what this chapter's all about.…We're gonna start with sharing a link to a file.…Now typically when you think of sharing a file with someone,…you're probably accustomed to sending out an email…to one or more people and attaching that file.…What you're really doing is sharing a copy of that file…and you end up with multiple copies out there.…If you're collaborating on that file and you want people…to be making changes, you're gonna have changes made…to multiple copies and that can be a hassle to consolidate.…
So a better option is to use Box.…You have one single file that people access…stored right here in Box.…Here's how it's done.…Let's go to a file that we might want to share.…I'm going to the Marketing folder,…and if you've been following along with me…you might have the Best of Landon Hotel Guide,…a Word document stored there.…You can see it's a fairly large file.…
- Creating a Box.com account
- Uploading files and folders
- Tagging files
- Searching for files
- Creating and editing documents with Box Edit
- Sharing links
- Assigning tasks
- Using Box for Office
- Installing Box Sync
- Using Box on a smartphone or tablet
- Upgrading to Box for Business
Skill Level Beginner
Creating and Giving Business Presentationswith Tatiana Kolovou1h 8m Intermediate
1. Get Started
2. Store and View Files
3. Use Box Edit
4. Collaborate with Box
5. Use Box Apps
6. Go Mobile with Box
7. Use Box for Business
Next steps1m 49s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.