Much like sharing a link to an individual file you have stored in Box, you can share an entire folder the same way. This is ideal for sharing more than one file at once. In this video, learn how to share a link to an entire folder so invitees can view and potentially download more than one file if you choose to allow them.
- [Narrator] When you want to share more…than one file, maybe with more than one person,…an excellent option here in Box…is to share an entire folder.…It's a little bit different from collaborating…which we'll get to.…But in this movie, we'll look at how you can share…an entire folder with one or more people.…I'm gonna use my marketing folder.…There's a couple of ways to do this.…If you have a folder and you move over to the right,…you'll see a Share link.…If you go inside the folder by clicking the folder name,…you'll see a "Share this Folder" button…over here on the right, the exact same thing.…
You'll also notice an "Invite People" option up here,…and that's for collaborating.…We'll save that for later.…Right now, since I know there's a subfolder…with images and a file in this folder,…I can go back to All Files…and feel confident this is the folder I want to share…with someone else.…Clicking Share looks a lot like sharing a file.…A shared link is created.…It becomes shared now.…Down below you'll see people with the link.…
Lynda.com is a PMI Registered Education Provider. This course qualifies for professional development units (PDUs). To view the activity and PDU details for this course, click here.
The PMI Registered Education Provider logo is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
- Creating a Box.com account
- Uploading files and folders
- Tagging files
- Searching for files
- Creating and editing documents with Box Edit
- Sharing links
- Assigning tasks
- Using Box for Office
- Installing Box Sync
- Using Box on a smartphone or tablet
- Upgrading to Box for Business
Skill Level Beginner
Creating and Giving Business Presentationswith Tatiana Kolovou1h 8m Intermediate
1. Get Started
2. Store and View Files
3. Use Box Edit
4. Collaborate with Box
5. Use Box Apps
6. Go Mobile with Box
7. Use Box for Business
Next steps1m 49s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.