Sharing files with others is what Box is all about, and it is easily done from within Box. But if you have installed Box for Office, you can also access those same share options directly from within the Microsoft application you're using. In this video, learn how share an Office file with others in Box using the share functionality built into Office.
- [Narrator] In an earlier movie, we looked at ways…to share our files and folders from Box…with other people, giving them access to view,…even edit, download, upload, delete,…depending on the permissions we granted.…Well, if you're like me and you use Microsoft Office…on a regular basis,…and you've installed Box for Office,…you rarely have to leave the application.…In fact, if you wanted to share a file you're working on,…or have open, you can do it right from within the app.…Such as this presentation we started in the previous movie.…
Notice on the ribbon, there's a new section here,…a Box section.…And it even includes a share button.…Now we can view it on Box from here as well.…And you'll notice there's a share tab…that's always been up at the top right-hand corner…of the Office apps.…And you can even go to File and find Share down there.…When you go to Share, you'll notice a new option.…And that is Share from Box.…But you don't need to go through all these steps…because it's right there on the ribbon.…I'm gonna click the back button.…
Lynda.com is a PMI Registered Education Provider. This course qualifies for professional development units (PDUs). To view the activity and PDU details for this course, click here.
The PMI Registered Education Provider logo is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
- Creating a Box.com account
- Uploading files and folders
- Tagging files
- Searching for files
- Creating and editing documents with Box Edit
- Sharing links
- Assigning tasks
- Using Box for Office
- Installing Box Sync
- Using Box on a smartphone or tablet
- Upgrading to Box for Business
Skill Level Beginner
Creating and Giving Business Presentationswith Tatiana Kolovou1h 12m Intermediate
1. Get Started
2. Store and View Files
3. Use Box Edit
4. Collaborate with Box
5. Use Box Apps
6. Go Mobile with Box
7. Use Box for Business
Next steps1m 49s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.