We no know that permissions to files and folders are different for collaborators vs. those who have received a link to a shared file or folder. With Box, you can add additional security or restrictions to your folders and their contents. In this video, learn how to access folder security options and adjust them to restrict the type access collaborators and invitees with have.
- [Instructor] Earlier in this chapter…we explored the differences…between sharing and collaborating on files and folders.…Collaborators get many more permissions, for example…uploading, downloading, deleting files, inviting others…to be collaborators, sending out shared links for example.…Well with all those extra permissions it's good to know…Box also allows you to…set up folder restrictions or security.…That's what we're going to explore next.…All you need is a folder like my Marketing folder here,…which is a shared folder.…
And when you go over to the ellipsis,…or More Options button.…Give it a click, go down to Properties…and select General Info.…We've been here before.…Here's where we went to change our…email options for example.…We could edit the name of our folder…and description under General, but there is a security…tab that we haven't explored yet.…Let's give that a click.…Now from here there are three different sections.…Let's start with Restrictions.…Maybe you want it so that only Owners, and Co-owners…
- Creating a Box.com account
- Uploading files and folders
- Tagging files
- Searching for files
- Creating and editing documents with Box Edit
- Sharing links
- Assigning tasks
- Using Box for Office
- Installing Box Sync
- Using Box on a smartphone or tablet
- Upgrading to Box for Business
Skill Level Beginner
1. Get Started
2. Store and View Files
3. Use Box Edit
4. Collaborate with Box
5. Use Box Apps
6. Go Mobile with Box
7. Use Box for Business
Next steps1m 49s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.