Many people still prefer to share files via an email attachment, so Box makes it possible to upload a file by sending an email with the file attached directly to the folder. In this video, learn how to enable email uploads for a folder, and then upload a file to that folder by sending it as an attachment in an email message sent to the folder.
- [Instructor] You know even though we have Box…for uploading files to be shared via a sharing link…or collaborated on even, people still like to…send email attachments as a way of sharing files.…Well we now know that sending that email attachment to…a group of people is sending copies of the file to…multiple people and that's not always a good idea,…but one thing that Box will let you do and this is very cool…is send an email attachment to a folder.…That's a way of uploading the file to the folder…which can then be shared with multiple people…but they'll all be accessing the one copy of the file.…
So let's see how we do that.…It's a setting we setup for a specific folder at a time.…For example we have our "Marketing folder" if you've been…following along and it's a shared folder,…we have collaborators.…This would be a good one to allow uploading…of email attachments to so the collaborators…and virtually anyone can upload a file to this folder…by sending an email to it.…How do we do that?…We click the "more options" button.…
- Creating a Box.com account
- Uploading files and folders
- Tagging files
- Searching for files
- Creating and editing documents with Box Edit
- Sharing links
- Assigning tasks
- Using Box for Office
- Installing Box Sync
- Using Box on a smartphone or tablet
- Upgrading to Box for Business
Skill Level Beginner
1. Get Started
2. Store and View Files
3. Use Box Edit
4. Collaborate with Box
5. Use Box Apps
6. Go Mobile with Box
7. Use Box for Business
Next steps1m 49s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.