Folder properties that can be customized in the personal version of Box are limited. In Box for Business, you have access to many more useful properties. In this video, learn how to change folder properties to allow co-owners to send collaborator invites, and set a shared folder to become unshared on a certain date, or even have a folder deleted automatically on a selected date.
- [Instructor] Box for Business gives you some new options…when working with folders that you did not have…with the free personal version of Box.…We're going to explore folder properties, now,…by going to All Files.…If you have a folder that's been shared, like I do,…go to the ellipses or more options button over here…on the right-hand side.…And, let's go down to Properties.…We're going to go to Folder Settings,…because all of our Folder Settings can be located here…on this one screen, including Invitation Restrictions.…Now, because we can set up a co-owner…which we couldn't do in personal version of Box.…
We can select a checkbox that only folder owners…and co-owners can send collaborator invites.…Now, this applied only to owners in the personal version…because you couldn't set up co-owners,…but now that we can, we can get help managing our folders.…Just set up a user as a co-owner on a folder…and they too will be able to send invites…to people who they might want to have as a collaborator.…Now, the other cool thing that you can do from here…
- Creating a Box.com account
- Uploading files and folders
- Tagging files
- Searching for files
- Creating and editing documents with Box Edit
- Sharing links
- Assigning tasks
- Using Box for Office
- Installing Box Sync
- Using Box on a smartphone or tablet
- Upgrading to Box for Business
Skill Level Beginner
1. Get Started
2. Store and View Files
3. Use Box Edit
4. Collaborate with Box
5. Use Box Apps
6. Go Mobile with Box
7. Use Box for Business
Next steps1m 49s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.