Over time, Box users will upload and accumulate dozens, hundreds, and even thousands of files. With so many folders, sub folders, and files, it can be difficult to locate a specific file you want to work on. In this movie, you will know how to use built-in search functionality to locate files by name, description, tags, contents, type, size, date, and more.
- View Offline
- Exercise Files
- [Instructor] If you're brand new to Box…and you've been following along…with me so far in this course,…you probably only uploaded a handful of files,…a folder maybe.…But I want you to imagine down the road…after you've created many many folders,…subfolders and uploaded many many more times…the files that we have so far…and how difficult it might be to locate a specific file…without some extreme search functionality…build right into Box.…That's what we're going to explore right now.…In the previous movie we added some tags…and that's going to help us.…
Notice when we go to all files…and go to the very top of the screen…in the search files field and start typing…we're going to see immediate results.…Let's type in Landon.…And when we do it looks like there's a couple of files…that have Landon in the name…and that's exactly what you're going to see on this list.…It's only searching the name…and showing you the results at the top.…If you want to look for Landon…in the contents of the document,…in the description or a tag,…
- Creating a Box.com account
- Uploading files and folders
- Tagging files
- Searching for files
- Creating and editing documents with Box Edit
- Sharing links
- Assigning tasks
- Using Box for Office
- Installing Box Sync
- Using Box on a smartphone or tablet
- Upgrading to Box for Business
Skill Level Beginner
1. Get Started
2. Store and View Files
3. Use Box Edit
4. Collaborate with Box
5. Use Box Apps
6. Go Mobile with Box
7. Use Box for Business
Next steps1m 49s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.